Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sentimental Moment

Well its the night before Amandas big 18th birthday and mom is totally sentimental. Shes off at Redrocks at the Sugarland concert in the cold lol. I love this song. And the lyrics are exactly whats shes saying all the time.

She was staring out the window
Of their SUV
Complaining, saying,
I cant wait to turn 18
She said, "I'll make my own money"
And I'll make my own rules"
Mama put the car in park
Out there in front of the school
And she kissed her head
And said 'I was just like you"

You're going to miss this
You're going to want this back
You're going to wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're going to miss this

4 comments:

Dawn said...

What a great page, I love those lyrics too! Thanks for sharing and hope the birthday was nice, along with your mothers day!
Dawn

Laura Davis said...

What a fun blog!!! I love that song too:)
I'm in Colorado too:)
Laura

Laura Davis said...

Hi Jen,
We live in Centennial, by Park Meadows. We love it here too:)
Laura

Lori Barnett said...

What a cute page! My son just turned 18 last month. This page looks like my kids would fit right in! LOL